As the leaves change hues each season, so does the world of interior design. Let your imagination soar and create spaces that reflect your unique style and personality during the coziest time of the year. Norse Interiors experts have compiled the top 10 enchanting trends that we're predicting will grace your spaces this Fall of 2023.
- High energy, personified hues: Expect a palette that shows people are more aware of the vibrancy of colors in our everyday life. Vibrant shades like peach, magenta, and jewel tones will be creating memorable and inviting interiors.
- Biophilic design: The connection to nature continues with an emphasis on incorporating natural elements like wood, stone, and indoor plants.
- Maximalist textures: Fall 2023 sees the revival of maximalism, with layering textures such as plush velvets, chunky knits, and faux fur for a tactile experience.
- Geometric Patterns: Squares, circles, rectangles, ovals, triangles, pentagons, hexagons, octagons, diamonds, and stars are making their presence known. There are many ways to incorporate linear and angular elements into your home, whether through chandeliers, design patterns on furniture, or accent wall design in unexpected colorways.
Bold wallpapers: Statement wallpapers with intricate patterns and vibrant colors are making a comeback, adding drama and personality to rooms.
- Return to formality: Post-pandemic has allowed formal spaces to make a comeback. After the last few years of using every possible surface as a desk while working from home, people are excited to go back to using their rooms as they were intended. Look to this return to formal spaces as a major Fall design opportunity to curate a collection meaningful to you.
- Multifunctional spaces: As remote work continues, flexible spaces that adapt to various needs such as home offices and relaxation zones gain importance.
- Sustainable materials: Eco-friendly choices are on the rise, with a focus on sustainable and locally sourced materials that align with environmentally conscious design.
- Dark kitchens: Dark cabinetry and moody hues are making their way into kitchens, contrasting with traditional white and creating a cozy ambiance.
- Artisanal crafts: Handcrafted and one-of-a-kind pieces add personality and authenticity to spaces, emphasizing individuality and uniqueness.
Embrace the magic of autumn and try out some of these design and decorating trends in your home this season. Elevate your home into a sanctuary of comfort and beauty, and welcome the season with open arms! Explore our collections and see what piece your space is missing, because the best part about custom furniture is that you design exactly what you need.
You might also like How to decorate a large wall space.