Do you feel bogged down by the amount of stuff in your home? Every year, around springtime, we feel the need to declutter and get rid of eye sores, but did you know that it can also have several health benefits?
Frida doors and paneling in charcoal black on two mounted IKEA Besta frames 602.458.44, with Agnes chrome pulls.
How decluttering can be life-changing
It might not be obvious, but getting rid of excess items in your home can greatly impact your physical and mental well-being. Here are some reasons why you should declutter:
Reducing stress: Clutter can create a feeling of overwhelm and stress. Removing excess items and organizing your space can create a calmer and more peaceful environment.
Improving productivity: A cluttered space can be distracting and make it harder to focus on tasks. A clean and organized space can help increase productivity and focus.
Saving time and money: When your home is cluttered, it can be harder to find what you need. This can lead to wasted time searching for items or purchasing duplicates of items you already have but can't find.
Creating more space: Clutter takes up valuable space in your home. By removing unnecessary items, you can free up space and create a more functional and comfortable living area.
Enhancing safety: A cluttered home can create hazards, such as tripping over objects or fire hazards from clutter-blocking exits. Decluttering can make your home safer for you and your family.
Walnut doors and paneling from on a triple Besta frame 702.998.79 from IKEA with polished Sarah brass legs and Agnes pulls.
The ultimate guide to decluttering
Decluttering your home can lead to a more organized, functional, and comfortable living space, which can improve your quality of life. Follow these tips to make your home both functional and stylish:
- Start by decluttering your space. Removing unnecessary items can make a big difference in the feel of a room.
- Shop secondhand or thrift stores for furniture and home decor. You may be able to find unique items at a lower price.
- Use paint to update the look of a room. A fresh coat of paint can completely transform a space and is relatively inexpensive.
- Get creative with your use of lighting. Using various lighting sources, such as floor lamps and string lights, can add depth and interest to a room.
- Rearrange your furniture. Sometimes, just changing the layout of your furniture can give a room a whole new look.
- Use plants to add life and color to a room. They can be a great way to bring in some natural elements and are relatively inexpensive.
- Use throw pillows, blankets, and other textiles to add color and texture to your space.
- Use wall decals or temporary wallpaper to add pattern and interest to your walls.
- Shop sales and clearance sections at home decor stores for discounted items.
- Consider doing some DIY projects, such as repainting or refinishing furniture or creating your own art or decor.
If you need more tips on optimizing your home, we offer complimentary design advice via one-to-one calls at your convenience. Our team will guide you through exploring our collections and designing the perfect storage to redefine your space.
If you liked this, you might like Create fun storage for kids' toys using Besta frames from IKEA.